WHY DO A LONG JUMP-A-THON ("LJAT")?
The MRS PTA has been able to fund many educational opportunities for our students through LJAT funds such as field trips, assemblies, artist-in-residence programs, bookmark awards, classroom
supplies, books to the library, and much more. 100% of the funds raised will be used for the MRS students, staff, and campus. In order to fund these necessary items, we need one
WHAT DO WE DO?
- Collect donations from people who want to sponsor your child for their participation in the event by making 100% tax-deductible donation to Monterey Road School PTA. Receipts can be found
in the LJAT packet.
- We are looking for flat donations such as $5, $10, $20, etc. and are not accepting pledges per distance jumped.
WHEN WILL WE KNOW IF WE ACHIEVED OUR GOAL?
The final total will be announced on Friday, October 21st. Please turn in all donations on our three Find Out Fridays (Sept 30th, Oct 7th & Oct 14th).
WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO KNOW ABOUT THE FUNDRAISER?
- The students will practice their long-jumping during the month of October with final jumping taking place October 11th-13th.
- We want your child to be safe while they are asking for donations so please don't let them go door to door without an adult or enter a stranger's house.
- Every $25 earns your child one ticket for a prize drawing.
WHERE DOES THE LONG JUMP-A-THON MONEY GO?
MRS PTA is able to fund Monterey Road School, its teachers and most importantly, the students in some of the following ways:
- Curriculum: Teachers are provided with funds to support the classroom curriculum (i.e., books, software, music, art supplies, etc.)
- Student Planners:m 4th-5th graders use these to document their homework assignments and assist them in being prepared and organized for class.
- Field Trips: The biggest expense associated with field trips is transportation charges and we are able to provide each teacher with funds for those charges.
- Assemblies: Teachers are able to bring educational and artistic presentations to the students, providing fun and interesting enrichment opportunities to the current curriculum.
- Battle of the Books: 4th-5th grade event that encourages reading and culminates in an exciting comprehension competition for the students.
- Book Camp: 1st-3rd grade event with numerous activities focused on reading and books.
- Peaceleaders Program: This program awards students for good behavior in the cafeteria and at recess while interacting with other students.
- Word of the Month Program: The program teaches and and reinforces good character that words in the classroom and at home (discipline, kindness, compassion, etc.)
- Reflections: Themed competition that celebrates students in the areas of art, photography, and writing.
- Talent Show: A fun, family event that showcases our students' talents.
- Teacher Vouchers: Teachers are given funds to purchase necessities for their classrooms.
- PE Equipment: Provided for the lower grades, the upper grades and for the recess cart.
- TVs and DVD Players: Provided for the classrooms as needed.
- Small whiteboards: Provided for the students in the classrooms and learning centers.
- Text Readers and Projectors: Provided for every 4th-5th graders.
- Digital Cameras: Provided for students use in creating classroom reports and projects, and/or for taking on field trips.
LIBRARY, LEARNING CENTER, MUSIC & COMPUTERS
- Books: Books purchased for the library, classrooms and the Bookmark Award Program.
- Educational Software: To bring better programs to our students in the classroom & computer lab.
- Computer supplies: Support for school technology in the classroom and computer lab.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Health Clerk: Provides clothing to students in emergency situations while on campus.
- Parking Lot Signs: Traffic control signs to help keep the parking lot safe for students.
With the amazing enthusiasm of our students and families in raising funds for our school, we hope to fund all of the above again this year. Our goal is always to provide Monterey Road School
with the resources to provide our students with the best educational opportunities possible.
We thank you in advance for your efforts in the Long Jump-A-Thon fundraiser because it is through these efforts that wonderful things can happen at Monterey Road Elementary School. Send all
questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THANK YOU FOR MAKING THE LONG JUMP-A-THON A SUCCESS!
THE STUDENTS APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT!