The number-one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more
advantages. Here are just a few:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions provide opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport and discuss parenting issues that are on your mind.
- Watch yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you gain valuable
experiences and personal confidence. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause.
- Speak Up. Because PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions and more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Help Your Child Succeed. PTA fosters parent involvement. Parent involvement has been proven by three decades of research to be the greatest predictor of student
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll
be part of the solution, helping to make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, social events – all vital to a
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating
to your child the importance you place on education.
PTA membership envelopes can be found in the school office. Membership dues are just $7.00 per year. Of those dues,
$4.00 is forwarded to the National PTA and $3.00 to the State PTA organizations in support of child advocacy programs and public education publications. Another $0.50 is given to the 24th
District PTA to help offset the cost of leadership training and workshops. Monterey Road School PTA keeps $.50 of every paid membership. Membership envelopes are available in
the school office.